Acupuncture stimulates the body’s own natural healing processes by improving the flow of Qi, believed to regulate physical, emotional and mental balance. The physiological effects of acupuncture have been FDA-proven to release endorphins and serotonin, stimulate the hypothalamus and pituitary glands, and increase immune function. This translates to healing and improvement in a wide range of conditions, including Musculoskeletal; Fertility; Ear, Nose and Throat; Respiratory; Circulatory; Gastrointestinal; Gynecological; Urogenital; Psycho-somatic and Neurological. Acupuncture also eases stress and has visible cosmetic benefits. Facial acupuncture treatments improve circulation, stimulate collagen production and help to transform the tone and texture of the skin. At NYDG, we have a Doctor of Acupuncture on staff to offer an alternative or supplement to more traditional medicine.
NYDG Flash Facts
- Both men and women benefit from acupuncture, both medically and cosmetically.
- A consultation with the acupuncturist prior to treatment will include a discussion of objectives and the formulation of a viable treatment plan.
- Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation reduces fine lines and wrinkles, firms skin, lifts eyelids and minimizes double chin and jowls.
- The Acu-Lume, a combined cosmetic Acupuncture and dermatological laser treatment, results in long-term improvement in the skin’s appearance due to boosted circulation of blood and lymph, as well as increased collagen production.
- Besides the usual suspects like back pain and the conditions listed above, acupuncture can aid in Smoking Cessation and Weight Loss.